- Spicy Sausage
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Thinly sliced mushrooms of choice
- Canadian Cheddar cheese
- Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Sugar
- Pizza Dough – Recipe and method below
- Roll out pizza dough
- Spread Pesto on to dough.
- Spread Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup over pesto, Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in a very hot oven on a stone for 7 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Maple Roch Sugar over pizza
- 3 cups flour
- 15ml Traditional Yeast
- 175ml warm water plus more for consistency
- 15ml Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 5ml Salt
- 65 ml Premium Olive Oil
- Optional – fresh or dried Oregano and or Basil, Fresh Garlic or Powder
In a small bowl, spoon in Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, yeast and warm water. Let sit on a draft free counter until yeast foams, about 10 minutes. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine flour, salt, Herbs and Garlic on medium speed. Gradually add yeast mixture until dough ball forms and it is not sticking to the sides of bowl. Knead with dough hook attachment for 5 – 6 minutes. Turn out on to a floured surface and roll into itself until you have a smooth ball. Line a large bowl with Olive Oil. place dough in bowl and coat with the Olive Oil in the bowl. Cover bowl with cling film and a tea towel. Place in an oven with the oven light on to proof for a couple of hours. Roll dough into desired pizza size. Cover with cling film and let dough rest for half an hour.