- 3 small Onions
- 2 head Garlic
- Fresh Thyme
- Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 45 ml Olive Oil
- 1 large peeled Sweet Okanagan Apple
- 1 Litre Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Pinch Nutmeg and Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Coat 3 small peeled onions, 2 head garlic, and one pumpkin cut in large pieces with Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper
- Roast onions, garlic and pumpkin in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes
- Peel and puree pumpkin. Puree onions and squeeze garlic from heads and add to puree
- Purée a large sweet apple to mixture.
- Place puree mixture in a pot.
- Add 1 litre vegetable or chicken broth
- Add 4 tablespoons Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup to soup
- Add 1 teaspoon nutmeg and dried thyme. Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop
FOR THE MAPLE CREME
In a stand mixer set on high add 1 cup whipping cream with 2 tablespoons Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup. Whip until mixture forms soft peaks
FOR THE MAPLE BACON
Assemble thick sliced bacon in a single layer on a baking pan. Brush one side with Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup. Sprinkle with Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Sugar and freshly ground pepper. Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and turn over bacon. Brush and sprinkle with syrup and pepper as you did with the other side. Place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
Ladle soup into a bowl. Spoon a dollop of creme in the centre, add bacon and sprinkle with fresh thyme.