Baby Pumpkin Cheesecakes
From Pure Maple from Canada
- 1/2 cup graham cracker or chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Maple Roch maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted, lessen as needed
You may have leftover crust filling. Store in freezer. Keeps well.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Maple Roch maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp allspice
Preheat the oven to 325º F. Spray each cup of mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray or lightly grease with butter. Set aside.
TO PREPARE THE CRUST
- In a small bowl, mix together crumbs, maple syrup and butter. Spoon a think layer of crust filling into each cup. Using the handle of a whisk or spatula, pat crumbs down flat.
- Bake the crusts until set, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 300ºF.
TO PREPARE THE FILLING
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the cream cheese and maple syrup. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, and add the eggs one at a time, mixing until smooth.
- If piping pumpkin faces out of filling: Remove 1/4 cup of batter and mix with the melted chocolate. Set aside. If not, skip to next step.
- Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using), salt and allspice and mix until smooth. Pour the batter into a large measuring cup or container with a pour spout and divide among the cups to 3/4 full. Use pastry bag to pipe faces onto the cakes by placing the tip just below the surface of the filling.
- Bake the cakes for 16 to 20 minutes or until set around the edges with a dime-sized middle that still looks soft. Remove from the oven, and cool for 30 minutes or so before refrigerating. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Unmold cheesecakes.
Pumpkin faces: To create the pumpkin faces on the baby cheesecakes, melt 3/4 oz of semisweet chocolate and add it to 1/4 cup of the cheesecake batter. Then pour it into a pastry bag. Once the cheesecake batter is divided among the cups in the cheesecake pan and before baking, pipe the chocolate batter onto pumpkin faces. Or decorate the pumpkin cheesecakes after they came out of the oven using store-bought decorating tube frostings. For a year-round version, garnish with maple sugar.