RECIPE Maple Filibuster
Posted by: Chris Campbell -
by Pure Maple from Canada
- 60 ml rye whiskey (suggested: Sazerac 6-year)
- 22 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 ml Maple Roch maple syrup
- 15 ml of egg white or the white of a small farm egg
- Angustura bitters garnish, or freshly grated nutmeg
- Without ice, in a cocktail shaker quickly shake the cocktail ingredients to emulsify the egg.
- Next, add ice and shake for 10 seconds and strain into a coupe glass.
- Using an eye dropper, deposit a ring of bitters drops on the egg white, then drag a toothpick through the circle to create a "starry nights" effect. Or, grate fresh nutmeg on top.