RECIPE : MAPLE POPCORN
Posted by: Maple Roch -
By Pure Maple from Canada
- 1.2 liters air popped popcorn
- 120 ml Maple Roch maple syrup
- 120 ml chopped walnuts or pecans
- 15 ml butter or vegetable oil
- Lightly butter or oil the inside of a bowl or casserole dish large enough to hold the popcorn. Butter a large mixing spoon. Set aside.
- Place maple syrup, in a heavy-bottomed, non-reactive saucepot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and continue boiling until the mixture reaches 236 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Place popcorn and nuts in the mixing bowl and drizzle the hot caramel over the popcorn. Working quickly, stir with oiled spoon until all popcorn is coated with caramel.
- Cool and store in airtight containers or enjoy immediately!