RECIPE Maple Pullled Turkey Sandwiches
Posted by: Maple Roch -
Maple Pulled Turkey Sandwiches
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1.6 kilograms turkey (legs or breasts, with bones and skin)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half
240 ml Maple Roch Pure Organic Maple Syrup
- 120 ml tomato paste
120 ml Maple Apple Cider or Maple Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 350 ml bottle of dark ale
- 15 ml ground cinnamon
- 15 ml ground ginger
- 5 ml ground cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 20 bread rolls
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F.
- In a large oven-proof casserole dish, heat the olive oil over medium heat and brown the turkey pieces for about 3 minutes per side. Add the onion and garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except the bread), then add to the casserole dish. Cover and bring to the boil, then bake for 3 hours.
- Leave to cool before removing the turkey pieces from the dish. Remove the skin, de-bone then shred the meat with a fork. Set the shredded turkey aside.
- Remove the fat from the meat juices using a spoon, then return the pulled turkey to the casserole dish. Mix together well and reheat for about 5 minutes.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 350 °F. Fill the bread rolls with meat and place on a baking sheet, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.