RECIPE - Maple Syrup Gingerbread Cookiesd
Posted by: Maple Roch -
- 240 ml pure maple syrup
- 30 ml butter
- 2.5 ml ground ginger
- 1.25 ml ground cloves
- 1.25 ml ground cinnamon
- 550 ml all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 ml baking powder, dissolved in boiling water
- Maple butter, decorative icing, sugar, mini candies, optional garnish
- In a skillet over low heat, heat maple syrup and butter. Add ginger, cloves and cinnamon; stir and remove from heat to cool. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl, sift 1-1/2 cups of the flour. Make a well in the center and add the maple syrup mixture, egg yolk and dissolved baking powder; mix well. Knead mixture, adding remaining flour to obtain firm dough that does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet.
- Using a rolling-pin, on a floured surface roll out dough until 1/4-inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out a variety of shapes. Place on baking sheet; bake on top oven rack until cookies are slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
- Using maple butter and decorative icing as the glue, decorate the cookies with an assortment of sugars and mini candies, if desired.