RECIPE - Maple Zucchini Fries
Posted by: Maple Roch -
Maple Zucchini Fries
by Pure Maple from Canada
APPETIZERS AND SIDE DISHES / SNACKS - makes 4 portions
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml Maple Roch maple syrup
- 120 ml flour
- regular bread crumbs or panko
- 60 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 zucchinis
- 15 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mayonnaise, for the dip
- Extra maple syrup, for the dip
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Spread flour on a plate. In another plate, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Wash zucchinis and cut tips. Cut into sticks (fries). Dip the sticks into the flour, then into the beaten egg and finally into the breadcrumb mixture. Align the zucchini sticks on the baking sheet. Pour over a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake the fries in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix equal amounts of mayonnaise and maple syrup. Serve the zucchini fries with this dipping sauce.