RECIPE - Oven Roasted Maple Balsamic Tomato Toast
Posted by: Maple Roch -
Oven Roasted Maple Balsamic Tomato Toast
by Pure Maple from Canada
STARTERS / APPETIZERS AND SIDE DISHES - makes 4 portions
- 1 pint heirloom grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Maple Roch maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 slices (1-inch thick) rustic Italian bread
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 Tbsp sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, maple syrup, vinegar and garlic until evenly coated.
- Arrange on baking sheet with shallow sides.
- Roast tomatoes 10 minutes or until just softened and blistered.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet or directly on oven rack and bake until toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and pesto and spread on toasts.
- Toss arugula and basil. Arrange on toasts and top with roasted tomatoes and their juices.