RECIPE - Scallops with Lemon and Maple Dressing
Posted by: Maple Roch -
Scallops with Lemon and Maple Dressing
by Pure Maple from Canada
Makes 4 portions
- 15 ml of butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 30 ml of lemon juice
- 60 ml of dry white wine
- 5 ml of lemon zest, minced
- 60 ml of Maple Roch maple syrup
- 80 ml of 35% cream
- 7.5 ml of pink peppercorns, crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- 30 ml of oil
- 600 g of large scallops
- Melt butter and sauté shallot in a pan. Deglaze with lemon juice and white wine and let simmer until reduced by half. Add the lemon zest, pure maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring throughout. Add the peppercorns and season with salt, to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Gently cook the scallops either one minute on each side, or on one side only and until the top turns slightly opaque. Serve immediately with the sauce and a side of seasonal vegetables.