RECIPE Toasted Sesame & Maple Caramelized Tofu
Posted by: Maple Roch -
Toasted Sesame & Maple Caramelized Tofu
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed
- 30 ml toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
45 ml Maple Roch Pure Organic Canadian Maple Syrup
- 120 ml apple juice
- 30 ml tamari
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut the pressed tofu into three even slabs, width-wise. Quarter each third, to form 12 triangles in total.
- Arrange tofu in a single layer in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the toasted sesame oil, garlic, maple syrup, apple juice, tamari, and ginger.
- Pour mixture over tofu, and allow to marinade for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, turning once. Tofu should absorb most of the liquid and turn golden.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.