SUMMERLAND- Maple Roch is having a grand re-opening on June 20th
We are so excited to be back, better than ever.
"It's going to be a brilliant decor. We did seize the opportunity during this pandemic to refurbish and create a Canadian maple atmosphere inside our store," says owner Roch Fortin, who is ecstatic to be able to bring back some of his employees and welcome back customers slowly. "We just want to be leaders to rekindle the downtown area of Summerland with hopefully the other businesses to come on board. We are hoping to have our deck ready soon. The protocol we have put into place allows for people to be able sit on our deck, enjoy an ice cream, relax and socialize again."
Maple Roch will be following guidelines set out by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) and WorkSafeBC. Among the safety measures being done are:
- A maximum of five customers will be in the store at a time.
- Proper cleaning liquids or disinfectant wipes will be used on hard surfaces as well as to disinfect high-touch devices such as touch screens and pin pads.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided at the entrance, exit, service counter, and any other customer touch points.
- New practices and policies will be clearly communicated to customers that will affect their shopping or service experience. Information will be posted on the website and social media, on the front doors.
- Samples will be in sealed sample containers or dispensed in
"We want our customers to know that we will make every effort and ensure they feel confident and comfortable about entering our store," says Fortin. "Their health and safety is our main priority as is for our employees."
Provincial Health Authorities are limiting gatherings to 50 people, so, as part of the celebrations the first 49 customers who come that day will receive a free ice cream, with one free delectable topping of your choice, Maple Syrup, Maple Caramel with Sea Salt, or Maple Almond Rocha. There will be specials and prizes.
Join us Saturday June 20th 10-4