This is a tried and true crêpe recipe that will give you perfectly smooth, thin crêpes that taste amazing with Maple Roch Maple Syrup, Maple Sugar, Maple Caramel with Sea Salt or Maple Spread.
Not only are crêpes delicious, they are a fun breakfast to make. They cook quickly as they are so thin, and they can be rolled up with toppings either inside or on top, and eaten.
Try making crêpes with Maple Roch Maple Spread, sliced bananas and butter, roll them up and top with whipped cream and pecans!
Let's learn how to make the best crêpes.
Easy Crêpes Recipe
*This makes 12 crêpes, which can be enough for 2-3 people
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp oil (olive or canola works)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients including the eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together extremely well. This is the trick to getting perfectly smooth crêpe batter. Make sure there are absolutely no lumps.
- The next trick for getting those perfect crêpes, is to refrigerate the batter for 1 hour, covered.
- Before the hour in the fridge is up, start getting your crêpe pan ready on the stove. On medium-high heat, add some oil to your pan and make sure it is greased.
- Using a ladle, spoon out some batter and swirl it around the hot, greased pan until it makes a perfect circle. Once it looks somewhat dry, flip it over for about 1.5 minutes and then keep on a hot plate or in a warmed oven on a pan until ready to serve, while you cook up the rest.
Once the crêpes are cooked and are warm and ready to serve, spread out all of your favourite toppings to go on top.
What toppings can you put on a crêpe?
Here are the toppings you can put on a crêpe:
- Maple Roch amber or dark maple syrup
- Maple Roch Maple Caramel with Sea Salt
- Maple Roch Maple Spread
- any kind of nut butter
- lemon juice
- icing sugar
- Maple Roch Maple Sugar
- Whipped cream
- berry compote
Maple syrup, spread or caramel sauce are wonderfully sweet additions to crêpes that are perfect for breakfast. What's great about Maple Roch maple syrup products, is that they are all unblended, meaning they are not mixed with other syrups. This allows our maple syrup products to taste just as they should; as if they were harvested from the tree and boiled right in front of you.
Our syrup is harvested by the same maple-harvesting families year after year in environmentally sustainable ways that put the health of the trees first. Plus, our maple syrup is naturally vegan and is totally organic and is 100% pure.
We hope you love this recipe, and if you are interested in learning more about using 100% pure maple syrup and maple sugar in your recipes, check out our store.
Here's a Pinterest pin so you can find us again! Pin this to your favorite recipe boards.