Here's an easy maple blackberry muffin recipe to help start off your day in a delicious and healthy way. We are substituting white sugar with our dark and flavourful Maple Roch Maple Syrup. The dark maple syrup gives these maple blackberry breakfast muffins a bold and deep flavor that pairs perfectly with the tartness of the blackberries. Everyone will be running to the kitchen so you might want to make two batches!
One of the best things about these maple blackberry breakfast muffins is that they freeze beautifully. So if you love to bake in batches, go ahead and make a whole bunch for the freezer. That way you can grab them whenever you need a super easy breakfast or snack.
BEST MAPLE BLACKBERRY BREAKFAST MUFFINS
This maple blackberry muffin recipe will make 12 delicious large muffins.
MAPLE BLACKBERRY BREAKFAST MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp real vanilla
- 1 cup Maple Roch Dark Maple Syrup
- 1 3/4 cups blackberries cut in half (fresh or frozen is ok)
MAPLE BLACKBERRY BREAKFAST MUFFINS INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°F
Step 2: Add the muffin liners to your muffin tin or grease your muffin tin with butter.
Step 3: In a bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together and set aside.
Step 4: In a larger bowl add all of the wet ingredients. Mix well.
Step 5: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients all at the same time.
Step 6: Mix the dry and wet ingredients just until mixed. You don't want to overmix the batter.
Step 7: Gently fold the blackberries into the muffin batter.
Step 8: Fill the muffin tins with the batter just shy of the top of the liners. If you are not using liners then you can fill them right up to the top.
Step 9: Bake for about 15 minutes. If your oven runs hot, check on them after 12 minutes.
When a toothpick comes out clean, they are ready.
Serve your maple blackberry muffins warm with butter. Or to really take them up a notch, try our Maple Spread.
HOW TO FREEZE BLACKBERRY BREAKFAST MUFFINS
These maple blackberry muffins are so easy to freeze for later. The trick is to freeze them after they cool.
Let the maple blackberry muffins cool completely first. Then put them onto a baking tray and put it into the freezer. Once your blackberry muffins are frozen, transfer them into an airtight container & label with the date. For optimal freshness, use them within 4 months.
When you are ready to eat the muffins, just take them out ahead of time or you can also use a toaster oven on a low setting to thaw them.
MAPLE BLACKBERRY MUFFIN TIPS
- To get the best results, only stir the baking ingredients just until combined. That will give you a light and fluffy muffin. When you overwork batter, the texture becomes gummy & unpleasantly chewy.
- Use fresh blackberries whenever possible. Fresh blackberries are usually available throughout the summer.
- Fill your muffin tin about 3/4 of the way. This will leave enough room for expansion while baking
- For extra crunch and maple flavour on top of the muffins, sprinkle with our organic Maple Sugar.
- To keep the maple blackberry muffins fresh, store them in an airtight container and eat them within 3 days.
WATCH THE VIDEO: Maple Blackberry Breakfast Muffins
Here's a Pin for your baking boards. Enjoy!