When making a fresh salad, there is nothing better than making your very own homemade salad dressing to go with it. And you can be as creative as you want in making your own salad dressing recipe. Have you ever tried using pure, maple syrup in your salad dressing? We are about to share the most delicious salad and maple salad dressing recipe with you, made with the perfect amount of pure, maple syrup from Maple Roch.
If you like to pack a punch of flavour in your salad servings, you are going to love this easy salad recipe. There is no lettuce in this salad; instead, this salad is served with cubed cucumbers, feta cheese and olives, and these items will absorb your homemade maple salad dressing so that every bite is a treat.
This salad recipe is perfect for 2-3 people and you can double or triple it to serve more. Let's make it!
Maple & Feta Salad
Maple & Feta Salad Ingredients:
- 2 cucumbers, seeds removed and diced
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Maple & Feta Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup pure Maple Roch dark Maple Syrup
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
Maple & Feta Salad Directions:
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together in a bowl and whisk.
- You can taste the salad dressing and adjust it according to your own personal preference: if you prefer it sweeter, you can add more maple syrup. If you like a salad dressing that is more tart, you can add more lemon juice and vinegar. It's about finding a balance that is perfect for your palette.
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a larger bowl.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad and stir to incorporate together.
- You can serve this maple & feta salad immediately or you can serve it later. The beautiful thing about this maple & feta salad, is that the flavours in the maple salad dressing will instantly be absorbed by the salad, so you can make it right before dinner if you want. And because there is no lettuce or anything that will wilt, you also have the option of making this salad in advance as well!
We hope you love this recipe, and if you are interested in learning more about using 100% pure maple syrup and maple sugar in your recipes, check out our store.
Our maple syrup is harvested by the same Canadian families year after year using environmentally-sustainable methods, which carry right over to our reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging.
We also sell many different sizes of our maple syrup and delicious maple syrup products there too, so we hope you will check them all out.
We'll leave a Pinterest pin for you below to pin to your favorite recipes board to find us again.
Thanks, have a sweet day!