MAPLE PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
Maple Pumpkin Soup Ingredients:
- 1 large peeled onion
- 2 heads of peeled garlic
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1.5 pounds (approx 6 cups) of fresh pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 1 large peeled apple
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds for sprinkling on the top
Maple Pumpkin Soup Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut up the pumpkin into 1 inch cubes and toss with olive oil.
- Place onto a baking sheet.
- Take the onion and give it a rough chop. Toss the onion and whole garlic cloves with olive oil and add to the baking sheet.
- Roast the pumpkin, onion & garlic cloves for about 30-35 minutes or until the flesh of the pumpkin is soft enough for a fork to go through it. The reason for roasting is to give the pumpkin soup even more flavour.
- Add the pumpkin, onions & garlic to a large pot.
- Cut up the apple into small pieces and add to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer the maple pumpkin soup on low-medium heat for 1 hour. It should be gently simmering.
- With a stick blender, puree the soup until it's blended and creamy.
- Sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds.
For an extra treat, try making our signature maple crème and maple bacon for the top of the soup.
MAPLE CRÈME INSTRUCTIONS:
In a stand mixer set on high (or a stick blender) blend together 1 cup whipping cream with 2 tablespoons Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup. Whip until the mixture forms soft peaks. Add a dollop to your soup. Enjoy!
MAPLE BACON INSTRUCTIONS:
Assemble thickly sliced bacon in a single layer on a baking pan. Brush one side with Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Syrup. Sprinkle with Maple Roch Pure Canadian Maple Sugar and freshly ground pepper. Place in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes. Remove and turn the bacon over. Brush and sprinkle with syrup and pepper as you did with the other side. Place back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Roughly chop the bacon and sprinkle the pieces onto the top of the soup. Enjoy!
We hope you love this recipe, and if you are interested in learning more about using 100% pure maple syrup and maple sugar in your recipes, check out our store.
Here's a Pinterest pin so you can find us again! Pin this to your favorite recipe boards.