Starting the day with a sweet, healthy breakfast option is the perfect way to get the day going, and making a warm, creamy bowl of maple walnut oatmeal with bananas feels like a treat. Any if you are making this maple walnut oatmeal with real maple syrup, you are going to enjoy it just so much more.
Meals can be made healthier and even more rich and delicious by replacing refined white sugar with a natural, healthier sugar such as maple syrup, and the syrup we are using is Maple Roch's organic 100% pure maple syrup.
This maple syrup is single blend, meaning it is not mixed with other syrups. This allows the maple syrup to taste just as it should; as if it were harvested from the tree and boiled right in front of you. And adding it to your morning oatmeal makes for a delicious, healthy meal that is creamy and healthy.
Maple Walnut Oats With Bananas: Ingredients
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice. We prefer 2% milk, but you can use almond, skim or any other kind of milk
- 1/2 water
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. Maple Roch Amber Maple Syrup (save 1 tbsp. of this syrup to finish)
- 1/4 cup cream (can use 10% or 18% table cream)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 banana
- Optional: blueberries
Maple Walnut Oats With Bananas: Directions
- In a pot on the stovetop, bring the water, milk, vanilla, salt and maple syrup to a boil. By adding the maple syrup right into the boiling process, it will give a uniform sweetness cooked right into the oats.
- Add the oats and stir to incorporate, and reduce the heat to a soft simmer.
- Simmer your oats, milk, vanilla, salt and syrup for 35-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then remove from heat.
- Let your oatmeal sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the 1/4 cup of cream into the pot and stir together to enhance that creamy texture.
- Serve into bowls and finish with your sliced bananas, almonds and optional blueberries and extra syrup if desired.
We hope you love this recipe, and if you are interested in learning more about using 100% pure maple syrup and maple sugar in your recipes, check out our store.
Our maple syrup is harvested by the same Canadian families year after year using environmentally-sustainable methods, which carry right over to our reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging.
We also sell many different sizes of our maple syrup and delicious maple syrup products there too, so we hope you will check them all out.
We'll leave a Pinterest pin for you below to pin to your favorite recipes board to find us again.
Thanks, have a sweet day!