Here is the best puréed maple butternut squash recipe that will turn ordinary squash into a delicious topping or spread that you can use on toast or crackers. Making puréed maple butternut squash is so easy and all you need is a few ingredients that you most likely have on hand.
In this recipe you will roast the butternut squash to release the natural sweet flavour that will pair perfectly with the maple syrup. Adding a little bit of coconut milk adds a creamy and rich texture to the purée and helps round out the sweetness.
PURÉED MAPLE BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE
Puréed Maple Butternut Squash Ingredients:
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Maple Roch dark maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- pinch of salt
Puréed Maple Butternut Squash Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Spread the butter evenly on each half of the squash.
- Sprinkle the butternut squash with brown sugar.
- Place both halves into a dish with a lid and bake until soft, about 45 minutes.
- When the butternut squash is finished baking, scoop out the flesh and put it into a food processor or large bowl if you are using a stick blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and purée until smooth.
- Serve the maple butternut squash warm with toast or crackers.
We hope you love this recipe, and if you are interested in learning more about using 100% pure maple syrup and maple sugar in your recipes, check out our store.
Here's a Pinterest pin so you can find us again! Pin this to your favorite recipe boards.